Related Topics: Government Schemes and Initiatives, Digital India
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Google signed a statement of intent to roll-out ‘Build for Digital India’ Programme.
To offer a platform to engineering students to develop market-ready, technology-based solutions that address key social problems.
- As part of the programme, engineering students across the country will be invited to apply and join in a learning journey that will help them transform their bright ideas into real-world solutions.
- Applicants will take part in online and offline learning opportunities on key technologies such as machine learning, cloud and android.
- These will be offered through Google’s Developer Student Club network and other Google Developer networks.
- Google will also offer mentorship sessions in product design, strategy and technology to the most promising products and prototypes.
The programme will invite bright ideas and solutions from students to focus on areas of healthcare, agriculture, education, smart cities and infrastructure, women safety, smart mobility and transportation, environment, accessibility and disability and digital literacy.
- The programme will provide great exposure to students in dealing with real world problems and develop deeper understanding of how newer technologies can be used to solve them.
- This initiative will not only motivate the college students across India to innovate but will also produce some good technology solutions for some major social challenges of India.