Related Topics: Government Policies & Interventions, Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
A three-day long International conference ANGAN for Energy Efficiency in Building Sector was organized by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in New Delhi.
The Conference was organised by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, Government of India in collaboration with GIZ under the Indo German Technical Cooperation.
The participants from Central and State local authorities as well as Technology providers and Experts, practicing Architects and University Students was invited.
- The Experts will be discussing various alternative options and technologies in the field of design and construction of energy efficient Commercial as well as Residential Buildings and will suggest the effective ways in implementing the same through policies and programmes.
- Apart from energy savings, the emphasis is also given to other resources like water and other materials that can be saved in Building sector.
- It is estimated that an investment of 2000 billion in Building energy efficiency activities would lead to a cumulative savings of 388 Billion units of electricity for the next ten years with payback of about 2 years.
- The International Conference will provide a platform to deliberate on interdependence between organizations, systemic sustainability and feedback loops for better resource efficiency.
- Given the formidable challenge of providing adequate energy of desired quality to the consumers at reasonable costs, improving the efficiency in high energy consumption sectors like buildings have become important component of our integrated energy policy.
- Due to lack of awareness and knowledge about latest technologies, financial assistance, suppliers and purchase of energy efficient equipment, etc. efforts on energy efficiency and conservation in this sector have been moderate and therefore require greater push.
- This event aims to provide thrust in this direction so as to address such challenges faced by the stakeholders.