Related Topics: Agriculture
Minister of State for Agriculture Parshottam Rupala has launched a multilingual Mobile App “CHC Farm Machinery” during a conference on Crop Residue Management in New Delhi.
About the App
- The App connects the farmers with Custom Hiring Service Centers in their area.
- It will allow farmers to avail custom hiring services of CHCs located in a radius of 50 km.
- Farmers can now get affordable access to cutting-edge technology at their doorsteps.
- It can be downloaded on any android phone from Google Play Store.
What are Custom Hiring Centers (CHCs)?
- Custom hiring centres (CHCs) for farm implements were established in 100 National Innovations on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA) villages.
- It aims to empower farmers to tide over the shortage of labour and improve efficiency of agricultural operations.
- A committee of farmers’ nominated by the gram sabha manages the custom hiring centre.
- There are 27 different types of farm machinery stocked in 100 CHCs, the most popular are rotavator, zero till drill, drum seeder, multi-crop planter, power weeder and chaff cutter.