Related Topics: Artificial Intelligence, PPP Model
Ministry of Human Resource Development has announced a new PPP Scheme, National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) for using technology for better learning outcomes in Higher Education. About the Scheme
- The objective of the scheme is to use Artificial Intelligence to make learning more personalised and customised as per the requirements of the learner.
- This requires development of technologies in Adaptive Learning to address the diversity of learners.
- There are a number of start-up companies developing this and MHRD would like to recognise such efforts and bring them under a common platform so that learners can access it easily.
- Educating the youth is a National effort and MHRD proposes to create a National Alliance with such technology developing EdTech Companies through a PPP model.
Role of MHRD
- MHRD would act as a facilitator to ensure that the solutions are freely available to a large number of economically backward students.
- MHRD would create and maintain a National NEAT platform that would provide one-stop access to these technological solutions.
- EdTech companies would be responsible for developing solutions and manage registration of learners through the NEAT portal.
- They would be free to charge fees as per their policy.
- As their contribution towards the National cause, they would have to offer free coupons to the extent of 25% of the total registrations for their solution through NEAT portal.
- MHRD would distribute the free coupons for learning to the most socially/economically backward students.
Implementation & Guidance
- AICTE would be the implementing agency for NEAT programme.
- The scheme shall be administered under the guidance of an Apex Committee constituted by MHRD.
- Independent Expert Committees would be constituted for evaluating and selecting the EdTech solutions.
- Awareness programs would be taken up by MHRD to create awareness of the NEAT solutions to teachers and students.