Related Topics: Environment, Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre
Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) has inaugurated the Cane and Bamboo Technology Park-cum-Office Premises of Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre (CBTC) at Burnihat, Assam.
About Bamboo Technology Park
- It has been developed to exclusively deal with Bamboo & Cane, catering to the needs of the industries, entrepreneurs, designers, crafts persons, rural people, teachers, policy makers, technicians and technologists.
- The Centre will be identifying and transferring appropriate manufacturing techniques, providing technical assistance, rendering specific services such as, laboratory testing and quality assurance.
- One of the unexplored potentials in North East is bamboo, as more than 50% of India’s bamboos are found in this region.
- Though the biggest storehouse of bamboo in India is North East, the market of bamboo is extended all over India.
- Youth of the region should utilize the home grown bamboo to produce different commodities, which will help them to earn their livelihood sitting at home.