Related Topics: Reports & Indices, Social Issues
Why in News?
Union Railway Minister has released the ‘Stations’ Cleanliness Survey Report’ (Cleanliness assessment of Non-suburban and Suburban Stations 2019).
- Railways have been conducting third party audit and cleanliness ranking of 407 major stations annually since 2016.
- This year the survey was expanded to include 720 stations and suburban stations were also included for the first time.
- The total score is out of 1000 and each component (Process Evaluation, Direct Observation, Citizen Feedback) weighs 33.33% of the total score.
Key Findings of the Report
- The top three cleanest railways stations are from the western state of Rajasthan.
- Jaipur was on the first position, followed by Jodhpur on second and Durgapura in third position.
- North Western Railway followed by South East Central Railway and East Central Railway are the top three railway zones.
- Andheri, Virar and Naigaon railway stations were the top three among 109 suburban stations.