Related Topics: Social Security Schemes, Government Policies & Initiatives
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister has launched the ‘YSR Vahana Mitra’ scheme, aimed at benefiting auto rickshaw and taxi drivers across the State.
- The scheme is the fulfilment of an election promise made by Reddy during his 3,648 km padayatra.
About the Scheme
- The scheme provides an annual cash incentive of Rs 10,000 to drivers of autos, taxis and maxi-cabs, who also own their vehicles.
- The annual allowance would be given to them to meet the insurance premium, license fee and other recurring expenses.
- Out of 1,75,352 applications received for the Vahana Mitra scheme, 1,73,102 drivers had qualified as beneficiaries.
- The beneficiaries will get ₹10,000 each per year for five years and the amount will be credited into the bank accounts directly while the processing will be done in a transparent manner.