Related Topics: Government Schemes & Initiatives, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Secretary Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has launched the website and mobile application [Learn to Protect, Secure and Maximize Your Innovation] on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) in New Delhi.
Who developed it?
The website and app has been developed by Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM)-DPIIT in collaboration with Qualcomm and National Law University (NLU), Delhi.
- The modules of L2PRO will aid and enable youth, innovators, entrepreneurs and small and medium industries (SMEs) in understanding IPRs for their ownership and protection, integrate IP into business models and obtain value for their R&D efforts.
- It will have 11 modules for three different levels: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.
- Each module comprises of e-text for understanding concepts, short animated videos of the concepts, links to additional resources on the subject and quizzes for assessment and grading the learner’s knowledge and understanding of the subject.
- The L2Pro has been successfully implemented in Germany, United Kingdom, Italy and France, benefiting immensely from close collaboration with respective IP organizations and public research institutions.
- The learning app has been customized for India in order to ensure that innovation which is fundamental to startups are protected, managed and commercialised.
Learners can access the L2Pro IP e-learning platform through their desktop, laptop, mobile browser and mobile application (available on Android & iOS).
Learners will be provided e-certificates by CIPAM-DPIIT and NLU Delhi and Qualcomm on successful completion of the e-learning modules.
- Both the website and app will be very useful to the startup community which holds great promise for India and its economy.
- Startups are more tuned into investment and risk taking but lack legal knowledge.
- On the threshold of the fourth industrial revolution the interface between technology and law is growing.
- Therefore, it is very essential to ensure that a specialised website and app is available to help startups with the IP process.