Related Topics: Government Schemes & Initiatives, Public Health
Aardram Mission, Kerala state government’s flagship programme to transform the public health sector, will be taken up as a popular movement — Aardram People’s Campaign — that will allow people to take the lead in the initiatives taken up under the mission.
Aardram People’s Campaign
- The focus of the campaign will be ‘Our Health, Our Responsibility’.
- The year-long campaign is expected to be launched on November 5, 2019.
- The campaign will address the strengthening of preventive, promotive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative care services in the community.
- The two major activities of the campaign are strengthening field-level activities to take Aardram Mission goals to the people and encouraging local bodies to prepare the health status report (HSR) of the people.
- The HSR preparation will also help panchayats to plan their health budget carefully.
The campaign will focus on five main areas:
- Preventive and promotive health and improvement in the health-seeking behaviour of people
- Promotion of healthy food habits
- Promotion of physical activity
- Promotion of environmental sanitation
- Prevention of substance abuse including alcohol
- In the past three years, health sector of Kerala, especially primary care services have undergone a major transformation in such a way that most primary health centres (PHCs) are now family health centres that offer comprehensive primary care services, right up to early cancer screening and detection.
- The State has invested heavily in infrastructure and human resource to make these institutions patient-friendly with all amenities and extended OP hours so that the footfall in these FHCs are steadily growing.
- The Aardram People’s Campaign envisages taking these achievements of the State’s health sector to the people directly and getting the community to lead the State’s movement towards total health.
[Source: The Hindu]