Related Topics: Cyber Technology, Data Security Council of India
National Cybersecurity Co-ordinator’s office, in partnership Data Security Council of India (DSCI), has opened the India’s first national cyber technology repository portal, TechSagar (techsagar.in).
- It is a platform to discover India’s technological capability through a portal.
- The portal will list business and research entities from the IT industry, startups, academia, and individual researchers.
- It is a consolidated and comprehensive repository of India’s cyber tech capabilities which provides actionable insights about capabilities of the Indian Industry, academia and research across 25 technology areas.
- The technology areas include Internet of things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), blockchain, cloud & virtualisation, robotics & automation and wireless & networking.
- It will allow targeted search, granular navigation and drill down methods using more than 3000 niche capabilities.
- As of now, the repository features 4000+ entities from industry, academia and research including large enterprises and start-ups providing a country level view of India’s cyber competencies.
- It will be frequently updated with new entities and information to maintain its relevancy and usefulness.
- As India aspires to become a trillion dollar digital economy, the repository will facilitate new opportunities for businesses and academia to collaborate, connect and innovate in future.
- It also endeavours to provide direction for a strategic cyber roadmap of the country in R&D, industry development, and strengthening the preparedness of national security.
[Source: Livemint, dsci.in]