Related Topics: Government Schemes & Initiatives, Innovation
Vice President of India attended the valedictory function of Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme-DHRUV and felicitated the meritorious students selected for the programme.
What is DHRUV?
- The programme was launched by Union Human Resource Development Minister at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) campus in Bengaluru on October 10, 2019.
- It is a unique initiative of the Ministry of Human Resources Development.
- The objective of the program would be to allow talented students to realize their full potential and contribute to society.
Benefits to Students
- It will identify and encourage talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge.
- In centres of excellence across the country, gifted children will be mentored and nurtured by renowned experts in different areas, so that they can reach their full potential.
- It will act as a platform to explore the talent of outshining and meritorious students, and help them achieve excellence in their specific areas of interest may it be science, performing arts, creative writing, etc.
- It is expected that many of the students selected will reach the highest levels in their chosen fields and bring laurels to their community, State and Nation.
- The programme ‘DHRUV’ is named after the ‘Pole Star’ and every student will be called as ‘DHRUV TARA’.
- The students will thus both shine through their achievements and light a path for others to follow.
First batch of DHRUV programme
- The first batch of ‘DHRUV’ consisted of 60 students, 30 of who are exceptionally talented in Science and 30 of who are outstanding performing artists.
- To begin with, two arease. Science and Performing Arts were covered.
- A 14 days programme was organized for these students in which the science and performing arts students were separated into two groups.
- The 60 students came from across the country.
- The students have been broadly chosen from classes 9 to 12, from all schools including government and private.
- This is only the first phase of the programme and will be expanded gradually to other fields like creative writing.
- The programmes like DHRUV will make India a better place for innovation.
- The new innovators will be helpful for the Nation to achieve the target of 5 Trillion Dollar economy in stipulated time.