Why in News?
Madhya Pradesh has partnered with Nagaland and Manipur under Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana to strengthen cultural relations between them.
News in Detail
- The government of Madhya Pradesh has designated its Higher Education Department as nodal department to execute the scheme.
- Madhya Pradesh will participate in Sangai Mahotsav, which is being organized in Manipur.
- Teams from Nagaland and Manipur will take part in Lok Rang and Bal Rang programmes of Madhya Pradesh to present their cultural programmes.
- The aim of participating in these events is to present their cultural programmes and to apprise people of their culture.
- The translation work of Nagaland books has also been started in Madhya Pradesh with an aim to introduce people of the state with their activities and cultural heritage.
What is Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana?
- It was launched by PM Modi on October 31, 2015, on the occasion of birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel (Ekta Diwas).
- All States and UTs will be covered under the programme.
- There will be pairing of States/UTs at national level and these pairings will be in effect for one year, or till the next round of pairings.
- The State/UT level pairings would be utilized for state level activities. District level pairings would be independent of the State level pairings.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has been designated Nodal Ministry for co-ordination of the programme
- Rashtriya Ekta Shivir are organised under this programme by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS).
- To celebrate the Unity in Diversity of India
- To promote the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories
- To showcase the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity of India.
- To establish long-term engagements
- To create an environment that promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.