Related Topic in KAS Prelims Syllabus:
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) [Paper-II]: ICT and Governance – various Government schemes promoting use of ICT, Artificial Intelligence
Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) announced the launch of SkillsBuild platform in collaboration with IBM.
About the Platform
- As part of the programme, a two–year advanced diploma in IT, networking and cloud computing, co-created and designed by IBM, will be offered at the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) & National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs).
- The platform will be extended to train ITI & NSTI faculty on building skills in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- It offers digital learning content from IBM and partners such as CodeDoor, Coorpacademy and Skillsoft.
- The digital platform will provide a personal assessment of the cognitive capabilities and personality via MyInnerGenius to the students.
- The students will then learn foundational knowledge about digital technologies, as well as professional skills such as resume-writing, problem solving and communication.
- Students will also receive recommendations on role-based education for specific jobs that include technical and professional learning.