Related Topic in KAS Prelims Syllabus:
Defence [Paper-II]: Technology in Space and Defence
- The Mid Planning Conference (MPC) for MILAN exercise concluded at HQENC Visakhapatnam.
- The three-day conference was attended by 29 delegates from 17 friendly Foreign Navies.
- MILAN 2020 is scheduled to be conducted at Visakhapatnam in March 2020.
About MILAN Exercise
- MILAN is a series of biennial multilateral naval exercise which commenced in 1995.
- It was conducted at Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) until 2018.
- It is being conducted for the first time on the mainland at Eastern Naval Command (ENC) with increased scope and complexity of the Exercise.
- It is aimed to enhance professional interaction between friendly foreign navies and learn from each other’s strengths and best practices in the maritime domain.
- The event would also provide an excellent opportunity for Operational Commanders of friendly foreign navies to interact with each other in areas of mutual interest.