Related Topic in KAS Prelims Syllabus:
Science and Technology [Paper-II]: Institutes and Organization in India promoting intergration of S&T and Innovation, their activities and contributions,
Why in News?
Wipro Ltd has partnered with the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) to launch the ‘Future Skills’ platform for new age technologies like AI that will reach 10,000 students from over 20 engineering colleges in India.
News in Detail
- This is a part of Wipro’s Corporate Social Responsibility programme, TalentNext, which aims to enhance the quality of engineering education by preparing faculty and academic leaders to train students.
- The programme has now been extended to students directly through FutureSkills.
- FutureSkills is a new age platform built to bridge the industry-academia skill gap and help students keep pace with the emerging technologies — Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity and Internet of Things (IoT) – to make them future-ready.
- This initiative will create a talent pool of students, certified by Wipro and Nasscom.
- The platform will enable learning the skills required in emerging technologies. It will also help individuals to develop an aptitude for learning.
- NASSCOM is a not–for-profit industry association and is the apex body for the 180 billion dollar IT Business Process Management (BPM) industry in India.
- It was established in 1988 and is focused on building the architecture integral to the development of the IT BPM sector through policy advocacy, and help in setting up the strategic direction for the sector to unleash its potential and dominate newer frontiers.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi.