Related Topic in KAS Prelims Syllabus:
Science and Technology [Paper-II]:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched a mobile application called ‘Mobile Aided Note Identifier’ or ‘MANI’.
About MANI App
- The ‘MANI’ app would help visually challenged persons to identify the denomination of currency notes, and thereby facilitating their day to day transactions.
- Users can freely download the app, called ‘MANI’ (Mobile Aided Note Identifier), from Android Playstore or iOS App Store.
- The mobile application can identify the denominations of currency notes ‘of Mahatma Gandhi Series and Mahatma Gandhi (New) series banknote by checking front or opposite side including half folded notes at various holding angles and a broad range of light conditions.’
- The MANI app can also identify the denomination of currency notes through an audio notification in Hindi/English.
- For accessing the application features, one can easily navigate the ‘MANI’ app via voice controls.
- The ‘MANI’ app cannot authenticate a currency note as being genuine or counterfeit.
- After installation, the mobile application does not require internet and works in offline mode.